Teaching As A Subversive Activity, linked up by my man Jason Sturgill.
Some things that I love about Inquiry Education:
- Pleasure in problem solving
- Self-confidence in their learning ability
- Avoidance of telling students what they “ought to know”.
- Talk with students mostly by questioning (and do not accept short, simple answers to questions).
- Encourage students to interact directly with each other without judgement.
- Do not plan the exact direction of lessons in advance and allow for the curriculum to develop in response to students’ interests.
- Students being GOOD LEARNERS is a goal.
LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.
Oh and here is a PDF of the above for you to read if interested.
(via Photo by jgspdx • Instagram)